We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These homemade layered brownies are so decadent, they might make you feel a little weak in the knees. Our Buckeye Brownies start off with a yummy homemade brownie batter, and then they get a creamy peanut butter filling for the next layer. To take 'em to the next level, we top these off with a 3-ingredient chocolate glaze. Put it all together, and the entire neighborhood will be lining up for a square!
What You'll Need
- 4 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- Peanut Butter Layer
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Chocolate Glaze
- 4 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt unsweetened chocolate and 1-1/2 sticks butter in microwave on high 2 minutes or just until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. (This can also be done in a saucepan on stove over low heat.) Stir in granulated sugar then mix in the beaten eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla until well blended. Stir in flour and peanuts then spread in baking dish.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs; do not overbake. Cool in baking dish.
- Meanwhile, to make Peanut Butter Layer, in a medium bowl, combine peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until well blended and smooth. Spread over cooled brownies.
- To make the Chocolate Glaze, place the semisweet chocolate, 2 tablespoons butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a small microwave-safe bowl and heat mixture in microwave on high 2 minutes or just until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. (This can also be done in a saucepan on stove over low heat.) Spread over peanut butter layer. Cool until set then cut into squares.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Make sure to ask if anyone is allergic to peanuts before serving these up at a potluck or to the neighborhood kids. Remember to grab a big glass of cold milk to wash them down, otherwise you’ll wind up with peanut butter-mouth! That’s where you’re mouth clamps shut. You know what we mean. It's happened to all of us once or twice!
- Love these ooey-gooey Buckeye Brownies? We've got more layered desserts like our yummy Frozen S'mores Stack and for something that's summertime-perfect, try our Layered Strawberry Cake!
- The great thing about this recipe, is it's one you can definitely make with the kids or grandkids. There's always something special about making memories while creating something in the kitchen. If you whip up this recipe, tell us all about in the comments below!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more yummy chocolate recipes, download our free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Calories 420
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34g 53 %
- Saturated Fat 17g 84 %
- Trans Fat 0.8g 0 %
- Protein 7.0g 14 %
- Cholesterol 71mg 24 %
- Sodium 259mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 26g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.3g 9 %
- Sugars 19g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a party? If so, then you've got to make our Not-Fried Chicken Cheese Balls! They feature the delicious trio of chicken, cheese, and bacon in an easy-to-eat form. Your guests will love taking a bite out of these (and you'll love how simple they are to make!).