We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 12 to 15 squares
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
By using prepared brownie mix, applesauce, and egg whites, you get to lighten up the calories while lightening up your work, too!
What You'll Need
- 1 (21 to 23 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon applesauce, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking or old- fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, 1/2 cup applesauce, water, and egg whites; stir with a spoon until thoroughly mixed. Pour into a prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1 teaspoon applesauce, oats, and brown sugar; mix with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over brownie batter and bake 25 to 28 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you want a lemony-herb fish dish, that's packed with flavor and easy to make, then you've got to try our All-American Fish-in-Foil. We used catfish, because it's firm enough to stay together and delicate enough to wrap it in foil. It's a perfectly seasoned, easy-as-can be dinner that you're going to love to share with family and friends.