Speckled Blonde Brownies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is the best blondie recipe ever, hands down! Packed with chocolate chips, this blonde brownies recipe is sweet and satisfying. Don't be fooled by their light color, 'cause our Speckled Blonde Brownies are heavy-hitters, just like their chocolate counterparts! Whether you're baking up these blonde brownies with chocolate chips for your gang to enjoy at home or as a surprise for a friend, no one will be able to resist these delicious blondie brownies! And if you're looking for even more easy brownie recipes, don't miss this collection of Our Best Brownie Recipes!
What You'll Need
- 2/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a small microwaveable bowl, melt shortening; let cool slightly.
- Transfer cooled shortening to a large bowl; add light brown sugar, hot water, eggs, and vanilla; blend well. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat until thoroughly mixed.
- In a small bowl, combine nuts and chocolate chips; reserve 1/2 cup of mixture and set aside. Stir the rest into batter, mixing evenly.
- Spread batter evenly in baking dish. Sprinkle top with the reserved chocolate chip mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- If you prefer, you can melt the shortening in a small saucepan on the stovetop, instead of in the microwave.
- You can substitute either butterscotch or peanut butter chips for the chocolate chips.
- Serve these with a nice cold glass of our Secret Ingredient Iced Tea!
- Did you know that this blondie brownies recipe with chocolate chips freezes well? For even more freezable desserts, don't miss our collection of Freeze-Ahead Desserts for the Holidays!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Calories 238
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 5.0g 25 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.4g 5 %
- Cholesterol 19mg 6 %
- Sodium 140mg 6 %
- Total Carbohydrates 29g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2 %
- Sugars 19g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.