"Fool 'em" Black Bean Brownies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's April Fool's day, and that means it's time for something deliciously tricky in the kitchen. How about a brownie recipe you can indulge in without any guilt? Try our "Fool 'em" Black Bean Brownies! Yep, that's right. These brownies are made with black beans! That means they're a lighter option everyone can enjoy; but don't worry, they still have all the chocolatey taste of a traditional brownie recipe. Your friends and family will never see this secret ingredient coming.
What You'll Need
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a blender or food processor fitted with its cutting blade, combine all ingredients except chocolate chips; blend until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into baking dish.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting.
To Lighten This Up
- For an even healthier and Diabetes-friendly version of this recipe, check out this link on Everyday Diabetic Recipes!
- We've got even more brownie recipes for you to love! Try our Blushing Frosted Brownies, our Cherry Cola Brownies and, of course, our Ultimate Fudgy Brownies.
- Plus, don't miss our most classic dessert, Death by Chocolate!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking to shake up the menu at your game day bash? If so, then you need to make these Honey BBQ Chicken Bites. They've got a crispy seasoned coating that makes them really addictive. And when they're drizzled with our homemade honey BBQ sauce, you can bet they're going to make 'em disappear!