We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No, we didn’t accidently mix in an ingredient from a healthy salad with our brownie ingredients. Rather, we purposely added the nutty richness of the Salad Savoy® to the batter to give these what many who tasted them called a “special something”. It’s like you can’t put your finger on what makes these so good (so why try); just eat them and enjoy! Maybe let’s keep this our little surprise.
What You'll Need
- 4 cups packed chopped Salad Savoy®, stems removed
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the Salad Savoy® in a steamer and steam for 5 to 6 minutes or until wilted. Place the wilted Salad Savoy® in a food processor and process 1 to 2 minutes or until finely chopped.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter and chocolate chips for 1 minute; stir. Continue to microwave in 10-second intervals until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Add the Salad Savoy®, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and eggs to the chocolate mixture; stir until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, and salt; mix well. Gently fold the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture. Pour brownie batter into baking dish.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool, then cut into squares.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.