Apple-Filled Pound Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you love pound cake, but need something that's a little lightened-up, then you're gong to love our Apple-Filled Pound Cake. Instead of using oil or butter, we use applesauce to give this moist pound cake even more apple flavor. What a treat!
What You'll Need
- 4 cups finely chopped unpeeled cooking apples
- 1/2 cup orange juice, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the apples, 1/4 cup orange juice, and cinnamon; mix well.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, combine the granulated sugar and applesauce for 1 to 2 minutes, or until smooth. Add the whole egg and egg whites and beat well. Slowly add the half of the flour, the baking powder, salt, milk, and the remaining 1/4 cup orange juice; beat in the remaining flour until the batter is well mixed. Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Pour half of the batter into a 10-inch Bundt pan that has been coated with nonstick baking spray. Top with half of the apple mixture, then cover with the remaining batter. Cover the batter with the remaining apple mixture and sprinkle with the brown sugar. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack, then remove from the pan onto a serving platter.
- This is a denser cake due to the fact that it's been lightened up, but we assure you that it's just as delicious!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Are you looking for the perfect side dish to pair with your favorite pot roast or German sausages? Try our Old-Fashioned German Stuffing! This hot and hearty stuffing is loaded with fresh sauerkraut, crumbled bacon, and rye bread, so you know it's got an authentic taste!