Apple Spice Custard Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
Ordinary apple cakes, step aside! This apple cake recipe features a creamy, custard-like topping that's absolutely heavenly. Our Apple Spice Custard Cake is a must-bake for autumn entertaining.
What You'll Need
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and finely chopped (about 2 cups) (see Note)
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package spice cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Ground cinnamon for garnish
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir apples into cake batter. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a medium bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, and lemon juice. Spread over top of cake.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until center is set, like custard. Sprinkle with cinnamon and cool completely. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
We prefer to use a tart variety of apple in this, like Granny Smith. But if you'd rather, a Red Delicious apple will give you a sweeter taste that really is "delicious!"
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 384
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17g 26 %
- Saturated Fat 6.2g 31 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.9g 12 %
- Cholesterol 71mg 24 %
- Sodium 308mg 13 %
- Total Carbohydrates 52g 17 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1 %
- Sugars 38g 0 %