Black Forest Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Off-the-shelf all-American ingredients like devil's food cake mix and cherry pie filling are your passport to our version of this German classic Black Forest Cake recipe. It's a rich and decadent dessert that'll make you look like a pastry chef!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling, drained, with 1/2 cup sauce reserved
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) container chocolate frosting
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, water, oil, and reserved cherry sauce; mix well. Divide batter evenly between prepared cake pans.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool 10 minutes, then invert onto wire racks to cool completely.
Beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form; beat in confectioners' sugar. Place a cooled cake layer upside down on a serving platter and cover top with half of the whipped cream; spoon cherries over whipped cream.
- Place second cake layer over first and frost sides with chocolate frosting. Frost top with remaining whipped cream. Serve, or cover loosely and chill until ready to serve.
- For that elegant finishing touch, top the cake with chocolate curls and additional cherries or chocolate-covered cherries.
- Plus, don't forget to check out other German dessert favorites like The Ultimate German Chocolate Cake!
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 541
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28g 44 %
- Saturated Fat 9.7g 49 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 4.6g 9 %
- Cholesterol 74mg 25 %
- Sodium 404mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 70g 23 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 7 %
- Sugars 41g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which makes it a great time to encourage everyone you love to get screened and spread the word. Another way to help is to raise money towards breast cancer research by hosting a bake sale. Our Pink Velvet Truffles are a rich-tasting treat that they'll love!