Blueberry Pound Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want a flavorful and low-effort dessert? Then you need our Blueberry Pound Cake! This easy pound cake is made with fresh or frozen blueberries and bakes up to a dense, fluffy, buttery cake. So pre-heat your oven and grab your batter bowl, 'cause this melt-in-your-mouth cake is too delicious (and easy) to pass up!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed blueberries
- Confectioners' sugar for garnish
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with an electric mixer on medium speed; gradually add granulated sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Gradually add 2 cups flour alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour and mixing well after each addition. Stir in vanilla and blueberries that have been tossed in the remaining 1 tablespoon flour (see Note).
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour and 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 to 20 minutes then remove to a wire rack. Let cool completely then sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Tossing the blueberries in flour prevents them from sinking to the bottom of the pan during baking. This trick can also be used when adding ingredients like chocolate chips or raisins to almost any cake. This will help ensure that every bite is full of the same goodness.