Boston Cream Pie Poke Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 square
- CHILL TIME
- 3 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
We've come up with a modern day way to serve up a classic dessert, and we're sure you're going to love it! Our Boston Cream Pie Poke Cake features everything you love about Boston Cream Pie, including yummy yellow cake, creamy filling, and a layer of homemade chocolate glaze. This easy poke cake will quickly become one of your favorites!
What You'll Need
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 (4-serving size) package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 cups milk
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 ounce (1 square) unsweetened chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Add batter and bake according to package directions; let cool.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes about 1-inch apart all over top of cake.
- In a medium bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk until slightly thickened. Pour mixture into holes and spread evenly over top of cake. Chill 1 hour.
- To make Chocolate Glaze, in a medium saucepan over low heat, combine sugar, cornstarch, water, and chocolate; cook until chocolate is melted and mixture is thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Allow to cool, then spread gently over top of cake. Chill 2 hours or until ready to serve.
If you love poke cakes, then you've got to check out our collection of Best Poke Cake Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Calories 228
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 2.5g 12 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.6g 7 %
- Cholesterol 41mg 14 %
- Sodium 237mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrates 34g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1 %
- Sugars 23g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got a delicious and guilt-free way to enjoy apple coffee cake! This recipe comes from our new diabetic-friendly cookbook, Guilt-Free Comfort Favorites. Don't worry, we're not sacrificing any of the taste. In fact, just one bite, and you're going to be hooked! Don't be surprised when family and neighbors are lining up outside your kitchen for a taste of our Guilt-Free Apple Lovers' Coffee Cake!