We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You know the old story that fruitcakes get passed from one person to the next...and no one ever eats them? Well, this one will definitely get eaten! I think it's the bourbon flavor that makes it so popular!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) container mixed candied fruit
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Coat a 10-inch Bundt or tube pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a resealable plastic storage bag, combine the candied fruit and bourbon; let stand 30 minutes. In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat the sugar, butter, and eggs until well mixed. In a mediumd bowl, combine the flour and walnuts and add to the sugar mixture. Add the candied fruit mixture and mix well. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 1 3/4 to 2 hours, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool 15 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely. Serve, or cover until ready to serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 567
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30g 47 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 58 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 8.0g 16 %
- Cholesterol 118mg 39 %
- Sodium 203mg 8 %
- Total Carbohydrates 67g 22 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.5g 10 %
- Sugars 48g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
There's no shadow of a doubt that this rise 'n' shine recipe for Raspberry Streusel Muffins will be a welcome treat at breakfast. Full of fresh raspberries and topped with an extraordinary streusel topping, these muffins are perfect with your morning coffee, or anytime you get a sweet craving!