Brown Sugar Banana Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
One of our favorite ways to use up ripe bananas is to bake 'em into a cake, like this Brown Sugar Banana Cake. This banana cake recipe makes such a moist and delicious cake that no one will be able to keep away!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, softened, plus another 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 bananas)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat granulated sugar, the 1/2 stick softened butter, sour cream, and eggs until creamy. Beat in bananas and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt remaining 1/2 stick butter. Stir in brown sugar and milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat and place in a large bowl. Let cool 15 minutes.
- Add confectioners' sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla to bowl and beat with electric mixer until smooth. Spread frosting over cake and serve.
For another great brown sugar dessert, check out our recipe for Brown Sugar Brownies!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Calories 271
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0g 9 %
- Saturated Fat 3.4g 17 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 3.1g 6 %
- Cholesterol 37mg 12 %
- Sodium 174mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 52g 17 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g 4 %
- Sugars 38g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Switch up your dinnertime routine by serving up our cheesy, baked Spinach and Artichoke Calzones. They're perfect for holding right in your hand and dunking into your favorite marinara sauce. You might just find yourself making these as an on-the-go lunch, too!