Butternut Squash Roll
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
Make this the year you "roll out" a showstopping dessert that no one will forget! Our recipe for Butternut Squash Roll looks like something you picked up at a fancy bakery, but is actually easy to make. Filled with cream cheese and spices, this is a dessert they'll all "fall" over for!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (11-ounce) package frozen butternut squash, thawed and drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (1/2-stick) butter, softened
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beat eggs 4 to 5 minutes, or until fluffy. Beat in granulated sugar, squash, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat flour mixture into squash mixture until well blended, then pour batter onto baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 miutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and invert onto a clean kitchen towel that has been sprinkled with confectioners' sugar. While cake is still hot, roll it up jelly roll-style from the narrow end; cool on a wire rack. When cool, unroll cake and remove towel.
- In a small bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat 1 cup confectioners' sugar, the cream cheese, butter, and remaining vanilla until creamy. Spread over top of cake then roll it up again. Chill at least 2 hours. When ready to serve, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, then cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- You might want to serve this sprinkled with additional cinnamon for an elegant touch.
- For more showstopping holiday-perfect desserts like this one, try our Upside Down Apple Pie or Chocolate Cream Pie!
- And don't forget to check out our free eCookbook, 25 Scrumptious Pies & Desserts for Thanksgiving and Beyond.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
How about lasagna for dinner...and dessert?! With our recipe for Very Cherry Lasagna, you can surprise your family with an unexpected dessert that's sweet, creamy, and full of cherry goodness. We'll be honest, this one is really amazing and super simple!