Carrot Raisin Snack Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
These Carrot Raisin Snack Cakes bake up fast and will disappear just as quickly. And you'll love this too, speedy clean up. What more can we ask for?
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped raisins
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, finely chopped
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Beat brown sugar and butter at medium speed of an electric beater until creamy; add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt just until moistened; stir in raisins and carrots. Spread mixture into a lightly greased 9- by 13-inch pan. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack, and cut into squares.
This is a great dessert to keep on hand by making and freezing it for later use. Simply line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and lightly dust with flour; then proceed as directed in the recipe. After cake has baked, cool for 10 minutes, and then remove from the pan-the cake should slide out easily. Once completely cooled, wrap cake in plastic wrap, and then wrap again in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Cake can be frozen up to 3 months.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Enjoy a healthier-for-you breakfast with our recipe for Loaded Egg Clouds (also known as "cloud eggs"). The "cloud" in the name refers to the fluffy egg whites that surround the yolk. Our recipe also features tasty sausage crumbles, scallions, and pimentos. Serve these egg clouds alongside some toast and fresh fruit and you've got yourself a champion-style breakfast or brunch!