Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
White cream cheese frosting is fabulous over chocolate cake. So, with this frosting on a white cake, we get to turn the tables...and it's as good a team as ever!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups (1/2 pound) confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat the butter and cream cheese until creamy. Add the vanilla and cocoa and continue beating until thoroughly mixed. Add the confectioners' sugar gradually, continuing to mix until well blended.
Makes about 3 cups.
For plain Cream Cheese Frosting, just delete the cocoa and add an additional 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar. Since this cream cheese frosting isn't as sweet as other frostings, I like to use this to generously frost an 8- or 9-inch layer cake or a 9" x 13" sheet cake.
- Want even more frosting recipes? Check out our collection of Homemade Frosting Recipes: 14 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got a great new grilled chicken recipe that pairs the tropical flavors of mango and lime for a great summertime meal. Just let the chicken sit in the marinade overnight, then whip it up at your backyard bash, and everyone will think they've gone on vacation!