Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you make this delectable Chocolate Hazelnut Cake for someone's birthday, you can be sure that after they blow out the candles, they'll wish for you to make it every year!
What You'll Need
- 1 (18 -ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread, divided
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, combine cake mix, water, oil, eggs, 1/3 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread, and 1/2 cup hazelnuts until well blended. Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, combine butter, confectioners' sugar, milk, and the remaining 1/3 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread until smooth.
- Place one cake layer top-side down on a cake platter. Spread the top with frosting. Place second cake layer top-side up on top of first cake layer. Spread top and sides evenly with frosting. Sprinkle frosting with remaining 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts and serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Not your usual kebabs, these Hot Dog Kebabs are fun and colorful, and they taste great, too! You'll love the flavor-packed sauce over bite-sized pieces of hot dogs, bell peppers, corn, and onions for a sure-fire hit with the kids and everybody!