Christmas Crunch Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Your holiday gathering will be extra special and extra easy, when you start with a store-bought cake and fancy it up with your own homemade frosting and garnishes. Our Christmas Crunch Cake will do you proud!
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (8-ounce) container or 1 cup finely chopped red candied cherries
- 1 Louisiana or other ring crunch cake
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup halved red candied cherries, for garnish
What to Do
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Stir in ricotta cheese until well blended, then fold in chocolate chips and chopped cherries. Chill mixture overnight, so it achieves the proper firm spreading consistency.
- The next day, carefully cut cake horizontally, making three layers. Set bottom layer on a serving plate. Spread 1/3 of chilled mixture on top of bottom layer, then add next cake layer and repeat until top of cake is covered but sides are not.
- Spread whipped topping on sides of cake so that it meets filling on top of cake. Garnish by placing cherry halves around cake edge.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 412
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 23g 35 %
- Saturated Fat 14g 70 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.7g 11 %
- Cholesterol 53mg 18 %
- Sodium 105mg 4 %
- Total Carbohydrates 48g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 3 %
- Sugars 38g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Nothing is more welcoming than a big pot of soup at the end of a long day, and with our recipe for Potato Corn Soup you can whip up a bowl of comfort anytime you want. It takes just about 30 minutes to get this soup on your dinner table, which makes it weeknight-friendly, too!