Classic Yellow Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sometimes all you want is a slice of homemade cake, covered in thick frosting, with a tall glass of milk. That's when you need this Classic Yellow Cake recipe. Our from-scratch yellow cake is absolutely delicious.
What You'll Need
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 2 (9-inch) cake pans with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla; mix well. Add 1/2 the flour mixture, half the milk, and 1/2 the sour cream. Add remaining flour mixture, milk, and sour cream, and mix until thoroughly combined. Pour batter evenly into cake pans.
- Bake 25 to 28 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then remove from pans, remove parchment paper, and place on wire rack to cool completely.
Don't forget to decorate your cake with your favorite homemade frosting!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 557
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29g 45 %
- Saturated Fat 18g 88 %
- Trans Fat 1.0g 0 %
- Protein 7.9g 16 %
- Cholesterol 188mg 63 %
- Sodium 520mg 22 %
- Total Carbohydrates 66g 22 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4 %
- Sugars 39g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Chocolate Caramel Cookies are simple, decadent, and sinfully good. With each bite, you get the buttery texture from the shortbread, the ooey-gooey pull from the caramel, and the richness from the chocolate. In short, they're a real treat!