Cold Fudge Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 6 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
This recipe was under lock and key with our Test Kitchen supervisor for years. It was a family recipe and she finally did share it with us. So, here you go. Make sure you let us know how much you like Cold Fudge Cake in the recipe comments below.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 2 (4-serving-size) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, flour, and 3/4 cup nuts. Press mixture into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until a firm crust forms; let cool.
In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk until thickened; set aside. In another medium bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and half the whipped topping; mix well.
Using a wet table knife, spread cream cheese mixture over top of cooled crust. Spoon chocolate pudding mixture over top of cream cheese mixture then top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle remaining walnuts on top.
- Cover and chill overnight, or at least 6 hours. Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Serve this with a cup of our Steaming Mocha Cocoa or a tall glass of milk for a heavenly combination!
- We call this recipe Cold Fudge Cake, but you may know it as Texas Yum Yum Cake. Either way, it's the perfect crowd-pleaser! For more Texas recipes (including our Texas Sheet Cake!) click here.
- Want even more easy fudge recipes? Check out our collection of To-Die-For Chocolate Fudge Recipes: 8 Homemade Fudge Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 548
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 38g 58 %
- Saturated Fat 20g 98 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 8.5g 17 %
- Cholesterol 95mg 32 %
- Sodium 460mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 47g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.7g 7 %
- Sugars 28g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Let's be honest, we sort of miss the days when the lunch lady used to scoop up heaping portions of her sloppy joe mixture onto hamburger buns. There was something about Lunch Lady Sloppy Joes that made 'em extra-special. Now, we've come up with a recipe that we know would be lunch lady-approved, and ya don't have to wear a hair net to serve it!