Creamy Custard Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What makes this custard cake so amazing? Well, aside from tasting like the stuff dreams are made of, this Creamy Custard Cake does a sort of magic trick when it bakes. You're gonna have to make it to see for yourself!
What You'll Need
- 4 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar and beat until smooth. Add butter and vanilla; mix well. Beat in flour, then slowly add milk until well combined. Slowly fold in egg whites; do not over mix. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until set in center and golden brown on top. Let cool.
When ready to serve, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and garnish with raspberries.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Just because we have our weeknight routines, well, that doesn't mean they have to be boring. Sure, there are a lot of delicious shrimp fried rice recipes out there, but the secret that makes ours stand apart is chilling the rice before we cook it. It makes the fried rice lighter, and it won't get mushy later on. .