We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Eclairs always look so beautiful in pastry shop windows. And they look like they'd be pretty complicated to make, too. Fortunately, one of our viewers shared a secret with us about how to get those same tastes in a light cake. Give Eclair Cake a whirl today!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into quarters
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups milk
- 2 (4-serving size) packages instant chocolate pudding and pie filling
- 1 (8 ounces) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, butter, and salt to a boil over medium-high heat. Add flour all at once and stir quickly with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a ball; remove saucepan from heat. Add 1 egg to mixture and beat with a wooden spoon to blend. Add remaining eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Spread mixture over bottom of 10- x 15-inch rimmed cookie sheet or jelly roll pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool. Meanwhile, in large bowl with an electric beater on high speed, beat milk and pudding mix together until thick. Spread evenly over baked shell, then chill 1 hour. Spread whipped topping over chocolate pudding and drizzle with chocolate syrup just before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream recipe, that's perfect to cool you off during the warmer summer months, then you've come to the right place. Not only is this strawberry ice cream recipe fresh as can be, but with only four simple ingredients, is easy as can be too! Using ripe and juicy strawberries, you'll bring it together with some condensed milk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. It doesn't get much easier--or summertime sweeter--than that!