Elvis' Whipping Cream Pound Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a fun way to celebrate the "King of Rock and Roll"? How about whipping up one of his favorite desserts? Our recipe for Elvis' Whipping Cream Pound Cake is inspired by the same pound cake that one of his childhood friends would make for him every year. It's a rich-tasting and moist pound cake with a perfectly golden crust!
What You'll Need
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 7 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
What to Do
- Coat a 10-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray, then lightly dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat granulated sugar and butter until creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add half the sifted flour, the heavy cream, vanilla, and remaining flour; beat until thoroughly combined. Pour batter into pan.
- Place pan in cold oven and turn oven to 350 degrees F. Bake 70 to 75 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. When ready to serve, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- To take this over the top, we drizzle it with a whipped cream glaze we make by mixing together 1 cup confectioners' sugar, 1/4 cup heavy cream, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until smooth.
- Click here for some great pictures of Elvis Presley's Graceland and to get even more of his favorite food recipes!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 554
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 26g 40 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 76 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 7.5g 15 %
- Cholesterol 176mg 59 %
- Sodium 185mg 8 %
- Total Carbohydrates 75g 25 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3 %
- Sugars 50g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This summer, how about using those ruby red tomatoes to bake up something a little unusual but a whole lot tasty? We call it Summer's Best Tomato Pie and it's so fresh and creamy, you're gonna have a hard time stopping at one slice. With tomatoes being such a great summer food buy, you may want to bake one for a friend, too!