Florida Strawberry Lemon Torte
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a dessert that will bring sunshine to any occasion? Well look no more, since this layer after layer showstopper is brimming with lemon-chiffon cake, lemon cream, and of course, sweet ruby red Florida strawberries. Grab a slice and a fork. (Sunglasses optional.)
What You'll Need
- 1 (15-1/4-ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package instant lemon pudding & pie filling mix, divided
- 2 (16-ounce) containers fresh Florida strawberries, washed and hulled
- 3 cups heavy cream
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 2 (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Stir in 2 tablespoons pudding mix. Pour batter evenly into cake pans. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes then remove from pans onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, reserve 8 to 10 whole strawberries for garnish. Slice remaining strawberries and set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream and remaining pudding mix until stiff peaks form. Slice each cake in half horizontally, making 4 layers.
- Place 1 layer on a serving platter. Spread 1/4 of the whipped cream mixture over top of cake layer. Top with 1/3 of sliced strawberries. Repeat with remaining layers, topping final layer with reserved whole strawberries, hulled side down. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Test Kitchen Tip
When slicing the cake to make the layers, use a serrated knife and make sure you keep it parallel to the table so that each layer is picture perfect.