Holiday Honey Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 (9-inch) loaves
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
Honey cake is a classic recipe that's spicy, smooth, and moist. Try our Holiday Honey Cake recipe that's sure to bring back comforting childhood memories.
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 9- x 5-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except almonds; beat until well blended then pour batter equally into prepared loaf pans and sprinkle equally with almonds (see Note).
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool 10 minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
It helps the almonds stay on top of the cakes if you sprinkle them on halfway through baking, rather than at the beginning.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.