Homestyle Buttermilk Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Bake up a tried-and-true favorite with our recipe for Homestyle Buttermilk Cake. This cake will remind you of all the times grandma would call you to the table and have a large slice and a glass of milk waiting for you. It's such a classic!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter and granulated sugar until creamy. Add eggs one at a time; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly beat flour mixture and buttermilk into butter mixture, alternating until thoroughly combined. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter evenly into baking dish.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; let cool.
- To make the Frosting, in a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth. Spread frosting over cake.
- Hungry for more? We've got even more school lunch recipes from our Cafeteria Week below!
- Kids can enjoy this delicious cake with a glass of cold milk, but adults will probably enjoy it with a cup of coffee. Why not try one of our make-at-home coffee shop favorites?
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Calories 464
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 18g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 54 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 5.5g 11 %
- Cholesterol 93mg 31 %
- Sodium 355mg 15 %
- Total Carbohydrates 73g 24 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 7 %
- Sugars 51g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
With our recipe for 1 Minute Cinnamon Bun you can enjoy a cinnamon bun for breakfast, dessert, or anytime you want! All you need is a microwave, some easy ingredients from your pantry, and your favorite mug. Before you know it, you'll be enjoying a cinnamon bun that's all your own.