Hoppy Easter Bunny Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This beautifully decorated Easter cake is sure to have everyone hoppin' around with joy. Our Hoppy Easter Bunny Cake is from "The Ultimate Cake Mix & More Cookbook," which means it's made with one of our favorite shorcuts - cake mix! Don't be surprised if you have a hard time convincing folks that you didn't buy this from a bakery!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (15-1/4-ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 drops neon blue food color
- 1 (16-ounce) can vanilla frosting
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 to 3 drops green food color
- 22 marshmallow bunnies, assorted colors
- About 50 jelly beans
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat the bottoms of 2 (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs, and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Place 1/2 cup batter in a small bowl; stir in blue food color until evenly blended, then set aside. Pour remaining batter evenly into cake pans. Place spoonfuls of blue batter randomly over batter in cake plans and swirl with a butter knife.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place 1 cake layer on a serving platter and frost top. Place second layer over first and frost top and sides of cake.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut and green food color; mix until thoroughly blended. Sprinkle evenly over top of cake. Place marshmallow bunnies around sides of cake, alternating colors and pressing them gently to secure. Decorate top edge with jelly beans, as shown.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 11
- Calories 453
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21g 33 %
- Saturated Fat 5.2g 26 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.7g 7 %
- Cholesterol 51mg 17 %
- Sodium 360mg 15 %
- Total Carbohydrates 62g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 48g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a party or attending a potluck? Break out the pita chips and set out a bowl of this Summer Party Salad. This diabetic-friendly salad is full of color, taste, and nutrition 'cause it's loaded with a variety of delicious summer veggies!