Layered Rum Freeze
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum..."?! If you've always dreamed of the excitement of a pirate's life, wait till you get a bite of our Layered Rum Freeze. It's a grown-up frozen fantasy.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) pound cake, cut into 16 slices
- 1/2 cup light or dark rum, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (8-ounce) container chopped mixed candied fruit
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
What to Do
- Place pound cake slices on a cutting board and drizzle with 1/4 cup rum. Place 1 cup whipped topping in a small bowl; cover and chill.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining whipped topping and 1/4 cup rum. Place half of mixture in another medium bowl and mix in candied fruit. Mix 3/4 cup pecans and other half of whipped topping mixture.
- Line a 3-quart mold or bowl with plastic wrap. Line mold with 12 cake slices. Spoon fruit mixture over cake then top with remaining 4 cake slices. Top with pecan mixture then cover and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Remove from freezer and invert over a serving platter; remove mold and plastic wrap. Frost with reserved 1 cup whipped topping and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup pecans; return to freezer for at least 2 hours, until topping has frozen. Serve, or cover and keep frozen until ready to use.
Be sure to wrap any leftovers well in plastic wrap and keep frozen until ready to serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've never heard of toad-in-the-hole, well, let us enlighten you! It's a recipe that is perfect for breakfast, dinner, or even brinner -- that's breakfast for dinner! Our Sheet Pan Toad-in-the-Hole comes together with all the flavors you love, without any of the mess of a traditional big breakfast. Once you try it, you're gonna wonder how you lived without it!