Lemon Meringue Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What You'll Need
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package lemon cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Stir lemon peel into cake batter then pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar until stiff peaks form. Spoon mixture over cake, spreading to completely cover cake. Form lots of peaks and valleys with a spatula to create a tempting-looking meringue.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until meringue is golden. Let cool, then slice and serve.
- This Lemon Meringue Cake can also be made as two 9-inch round cakes. Just pour the batter into two cake pans, then spread the top of each with the egg-white mixture.
- We love the bright flavor that lemon adds to cake. If you do too, then you have to check out our collection, 10 Sunny Lemon Cake Recipes!
- Our Lemon Meringue Cake really "takes the cake", but for another yummy lemon meringue variation try our Lemon Meringue Cookies or these simple Lemon Refrigerator Bites.
For more to-die-for cake recipes, go to our collection page!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 283
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 11g 17 %
- Saturated Fat 2.3g 11 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.9g 8 %
- Cholesterol 50mg 17 %
- Sodium 300mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 41g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 27g 0 %