Old-Fashioned Pound Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Traditionally, pound cake got its name because it was originally made with a pound each of most of its ingredients. We may have a taken "pounds" off of this Old-Fashioned Pound Cake, but the cake still has the same delicious taste that we all love!
What You'll Need
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
Coat a 10-inch Bundt or tube pan with cooking spray and lightly flour, set aside.
In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium-high speed, beat sugar, butter, and shortening until creamy. Add eggs and beat until fluffy. Add 1-1/2 cups flour and 1/2 cup evaporated milk, beating until well blended. Add remaining 1-1/2 cups flour and 1/2 cup evaporated milk, and vanilla, beating until well mixed.
- Pour batter into pan. Place in a cold oven and bake at 300 degrees F. 1-3/4 to 2 hours, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely. Serve, or cover until ready to serve.
- For breakfast, take a few slices and pop them in the toaster. Spread the toasted slices with honey butter, which is no more than a stick of softened butter accented with a couple tablespoons of honey, or frost with our amazing Vanilla Butter Frosting.
- Did you know you could make chocolate pound cake or even fruity pound cakes? Yep! Click here to check out some our favorite ways to make pound cake.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Feel-Good Smoothie Bowl features the perfect blend of fresh-from-the-freezer fruit, almond milk and honey. It's a healthier way to start your day, since each bowl is loaded with vitamins and nutrients. And if you top each bowl with a little granola and extra fruit, you'll be adding even more goodness to your morning meal!