Patriotic Poke Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Need a dynamite cake recipe that'll cause fireworks at your table this Memorial Day? Then show your patriotic colors with our deliciously, easy Patriotic Poke Cake. This cake is an easy way to show some love for our American heroes, and to indulge in a dessert that is loaded with flavor and sweet, American perfection.
What You'll Need
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (12.25-ounce) jar marshmallow ice cream topping, divided
- 20 drops red food color
- 10 drops blue food color
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
What to Do
- Preheat oven according to package directions for two 8-inch round cake pans. Prepare batter and bake according to package directions; let cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon handle, poke about 12 holes randomly over each cake layer, about ¾ of the way through the cake layer.
- In a small bowl, combine one-half of marshmallow topping with red food color; mix well. Slowly pour into holes in one cake layer, then use a spatula to help fill in all the holes. Repeat with remaining marshmallow topping and blue food color. Slowly pour into holes in second cake layer. Refrigerate one hour.
- Place one cake layer on serving platter and frost with whipped topping. Place second layer on top and frost top and sides with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate until ready to serve, then garnish with strawberries and blueberries right before serving.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Now here's a meatloaf that's really moist and packed with flavor! Our Italian-Style Meatloaf is made with a tasty combination of ground beef and ground pork, as well as some chopped eggplant and lots of Italian spices. It's a change-of-pace meatloaf that's perfect for tonight's dinner.