Peanut Butter Mousse Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 6 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
This heavenly tasting, easy-to-make dessert is a contrast of favorite tastes: creamy peanut butter and crunchy peanuts in a chocolate cookie crust! What a way to celebrate our love for the pairing of sweet and salty!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 3/4 cup chopped peanuts, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs, 1/2 cup peanuts, and butter; mix well. Press into bottom of an ungreased 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake 15 minutes; let cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat 1-1/2 cups heavy cream until stiff; set aside. In a large bowl, beat peanut butter and cream cheese until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla; mix well. Fold in whipped cream and pour into cooled crust.
- Refrigerate 2 hours, or until set.
- In a small saucepan, combine granulated sugar and remaining heavy cream over medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and add chocolate chips. Mix until chocolate chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Cool 3 to 5 minutes then spread evenly over peanut butter mixture. Sprinkle with remaining peanuts.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours, or until set.
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of the Peanut Board.
- Want even more of our favorite peanut butter recipes? Check out our collection Peanut Butter Recipes: Our Top 40 Recipes with Peanut Butter.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 990
- Calories from Fat 632
- Total Fat 70g 108 %
- Saturated Fat 30g 148 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 18g 36 %
- Cholesterol 101mg 34 %
- Sodium 542mg 23 %
- Total Carbohydrates 82g 27 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.4g 17 %
- Sugars 59g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Add a little spookiness to your Halloween party fare with our recipe for Cookie Eyeballs. These cookie balls are so easy and fun to make, you'll want the kids and grand kids to help. Once they're done, everyone will enjoy these ghostly, "eye popping" treats!