Pineapple Upside Down Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 cakes, 6 to 8 servings each
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
This classic recipe for Pineapple Upside-Down Cake uses the easy shortcut of a cake mix. And why not? With this recipe, we get the scrumptious "from scratch" taste we want without missing a beat in our busy lifestyles!
What You'll Need
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple slices, drained
- 10 maraschino cherries
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over bottom of two 8-inch round cake pans and pour butter evenly over sugar.
- In each pan, arrange pineapple slices in a single layer over sugar and place a cherry in center of each slice.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, and eggs; beat until well combined.
- Evenly divide batter between the two pans and bake 30 to 33 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of each comes out clean. Let cakes stand 5 minutes.
- Loosen gently with a knife and invert onto 2 platters. Serve warm, or allow to cool completely before serving.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a recipe that's anything but taxing! Uncle Sam's Pulled Pork is a budget-friendly, weeknight winner. In this recipe, we slow cook boneless pork butt to perfection with some chopped onions and a can of cola. A little BBQ sauce and it's ready to go! Just pile it onto a roll along with some of our homemade coleslaw and you're set for lots of "yum!"