Pirates' Cove Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In adventure stories, the traditional drink of pirates is rum, so we made this special chocolate rum cake and named it for them. And you'd better watch out, matey, 'cause you might have to walk the plank if you don't make our Pirates' Cove Cake often enough for your crew!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (15-1/4-ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 (4-serving size) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 1/2 cup strong black coffee
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Rum Glaze (see Note)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10-inch Bundt pan with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, oil, and eggs until thoroughly blended. Beat in rum and coffee; with a spoon, stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into Bundt pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 20 to 25 minutes, then invert cake onto a serving plate. Prepare Rum Glaze and drizzle it over cake.
- To make Rum Glaze, in a small bowl, whisk together 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon light rum, and 1 tablespoon water until smooth. Drizzle over cool or room-temperature cake or cookies. (You can replace the rum with a tablespoon of water for a traditional white glaze.)
- Serve this with our refreshing Tropical Froth for a more complete island feel!
- Don't forget to enter for your chance to win a $50 gift card to the movies!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 535
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23g 36 %
- Saturated Fat 8.4g 42 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 6.8g 14 %
- Cholesterol 86mg 29 %
- Sodium 584mg 24 %
- Total Carbohydrates 69g 23 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.3g 9 %
- Sugars 46g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a party or attending a potluck? Break out the pita chips and set out a bowl of this Summer Party Salad. This diabetic-friendly salad is full of color, taste, and nutrition 'cause it's loaded with a variety of delicious summer veggies!