We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Got some extra white-cake mix? Turn something ordinary into something extraordinary with just a few added ingredients. Pistachio Cake is great year-round and even better at the holidays. Bring it to a pot-luck or serve it at home. Either way, everyone will be intrigued by this one!
What You'll Need
- 1 (18-1/4-ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 (4-serving) packages instant pistachio pudding and pie filling
- 1 1/2 cups milk, divided
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachio nuts (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a Bundt pan with cooking spray then lightly flour.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, 2 packages pudding mix, 1/2 cup milk, the oil, and water until smooth. Beat in eggs until well combined then pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes then remove from pan and cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, make frosting by beating heavy cream with the remaining milk and package of pudding mix, until thickened; frost cake then garnish with chopped pistachio nuts, if desired.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've never heard of toad-in-the-hole, well, let us enlighten you! It's a recipe that is perfect for breakfast, dinner, or even brinner -- that's breakfast for dinner! Our Sheet Pan Toad-in-the-Hole comes together with all the flavors you love, without any of the mess of a traditional big breakfast. Once you try it, you're gonna wonder how you lived without it!