Spring Flower Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you think you know seasonal cakes, think again. Spring Flower Cake perfectly evokes clear skies and freshly cut grass. Even better, it tastes great!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 drops food color, any color
- 1 (10-ounce) store-bought prepared round angel food cake
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 quart strawberries, hulled and cut in half
What to Do
- Place the coconut in a resealable plastic bag. Add the food color and mix until evenly tinted; set aside.
- Place the cake on a large serving plate. Frost the top and sides with whipped topping then sprinkle with coconut. Cut cake into 8 slices, leaving slices in place until all are cut, then carefully pulling out the slices and separating them slightly to resemble the petals of a flower in bloom.
- Spoon the strawberries into the center of the flower. Cover loosely and chill until ready to serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
How about lasagna for dinner...and dessert?! With our recipe for Very Cherry Lasagna, you can surprise your family with an unexpected dessert that's sweet, creamy, and full of cherry goodness. We'll be honest, this one is really amazing and super simple!