We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
This cake doesn't just look pretty, it tastes amazing too! Our Strawberry-Lemonade Cake is a great cake for the warmer months, when we crave lighter and brighter flavors. Plus, it starts out with a box of cake mix, so you know it's going to be easy. We're sure you're going to love it!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 (4-serving size) package strawberry-flavored gelatin mix
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed and drained
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cake mix, gelatin mix, strawberries, eggs, oil, and water, 2 to 3 minutes or until well mixed. Divide batter evenly between cake pans.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then invert onto wire racks to cool completely.
- To make frosting, in a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter until creamy. Slowly beat in 2 cups sugar at a time, alternating with lemon juice until smooth and creamy. Stir in lemon zest.
- Place one cake layer upside down on a serving plate and frost the top. Place the second layer over the first and frost the top and sides. Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries to give this cake an extra-special look!
- Don't forget to check out our collection of Cake Mix Recipes! There are so many amazing sweets you can make with this shortcut ingredient!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 713
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 32g 49 %
- Saturated Fat 13g 64 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 4.9g 10 %
- Cholesterol 103mg 34 %
- Sodium 445mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 105g 35 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 89g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This summer, how about using those ruby red tomatoes to bake up something a little unusual but a whole lot tasty? We call it Summer's Best Tomato Pie and it's so fresh and creamy, you're gonna have a hard time stopping at one slice. With tomatoes being such a great summer food buy, you may want to bake one for a friend, too!