Tall, Dark, and Handsome Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The coffee gives our Tall, Dark, and Handsome Chocolate Cake the right amount of kick that separates this from just an ordinary chocolate cake. This rich and creamy dessert will have everyone fighting over who gets the last piece.
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 (16-ounce) containers chocolate frosting
- 4 tablespoons caramel topping
- 8 chocolate-covered caramel candies, chopped
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat bottoms of 2 (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, coffee, oil, and eggs until well mixed. Divide batter evenly between prepared pans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of each comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice each cake horizontally in half to make 4 layers. Place 1 cake layer on platter and spread one-quarter (1/2 a container) of chocolate frosting on top. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of caramel topping over frosting. Repeat with remaining cake layers and finish with frosting and caramel topping. Garnish with candy.
We tested this with Rolos for the garnish.
- If tonight's a night to go all out, serve up this luscious cake with cups of our steaming mochaccino!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Believe it or not, this Chinese Cabbage 'n' Chicken Salad is a favorite in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen. It's requested at least once a month and devoured within the lunch hour. Most of us agree that it's the homemade Asian-style dressing that really makes this recipe amazing, but we'll leave it up to you to be the judge!