Toasted Blueberry Shortcake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Stack 'em up - the higher the better! - 'cause you're gonna want as many blueberries as you can get in every bite. And don't forget an extra-large dollop of whipped cream to add just the perfect shortcake touch.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) pound cake
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries, washed
What to Do
Slice pound cake horizontally into 3 pieces and lay out separately on a baking sheet; brush tops with melted butter.
In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon; mix well and sprinkle evenly over buttered cake pieces. Broil 3 to 5 minutes, or until lightly toasted, watching carefully so that cake doesn't burn; allow to cool.
In a medium bowl, beat cream and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar with an electric beater on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- Place bottom cake piece on a serving platter toasted side up; spread with one third of whipped cream and sprinkle with one third of blueberries. Repeat layers twice more and serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
If the pound cake has a large curved dome in the center, slice off that piece (and eat it later!) so that you've got three even slices of pound cake to make this. We want the whipped cream and berries to sit evenly on the cake without falling off!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.