Tutti Frutti Shortcake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Need a great dessert for your barbecue? Look no further than our grilled Tutti Frutti Shortcake. It's a marriage made in heaven of pound cake and fruit cocktail, and a grilled dessert your gang will love.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) can fruit cocktail, undrained (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 (16-ounce) pound cake, cut into 1-inch slices
What to Do
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a disposable 8-inch square aluminum pan, combine fruit cocktail (with its juice), brown sugar, and cinnamon; mix well and set aside.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water. Place fruit mixture in aluminum pan on grill and heat through, stirring occasionally.
- When hot, add cornstarch mixture and stir for 5 to 7 minutes, until it starts to bubble and thicken slightly.
- Place pound cake slices on grill to warm, if desired (about 2 minutes per side). Remove cake to a serving platter and spoon fruit mixture onto cake slices.
No fruit cocktail on hand? Go ahead and use a 16-ounce can of peaches or pears instead.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've never heard of toad-in-the-hole, well, let us enlighten you! It's a recipe that is perfect for breakfast, dinner, or even brinner -- that's breakfast for dinner! Our Sheet Pan Toad-in-the-Hole comes together with all the flavors you love, without any of the mess of a traditional big breakfast. Once you try it, you're gonna wonder how you lived without it!