Upside Down Pear Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 cakes, 6 to 8 servings each
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Bake up a little bit of fall flavor with our recipe for Upside Down Pear Cake. This cake is beautiful enough to serve for any special occasion, and easy enough to make when you've got cravings for fall favorites. It's got an ooey-gooey and crunchy topping that's unbelievably good!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 2 (15.4-ounce) cans pear slices, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package spice cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Evenly sprinkle brown sugar over bottom of two 8-inch round cake pans, and pour butter evenly over brown sugar.
- In each pan, arrange pear slices in a single layer over brown sugar and sprinkle with walnuts.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, and eggs; beat until well combined. Evenly divide batter between the pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of each comes out clean. Let cakes stand 5 minutes.
- Loosen gently with a knife and invert onto 2 platters. Serve warm, or allow to cool completely before serving.
If you love desserts that use cake-mix as a shortcut, check out our collection of To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This classic dessert is so special, it's worthy of being on a White House menu. Come to think of it...it was! This is one of the desserts that was served when former President Kennedy and his family hosted a luncheon for Princess Grace Kelly. The good news is, you don't have to be royalty to enjoy our White House Strawberries Romanoff!