Banana Wedding Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you want your special day to have an elegant feel, this Banana Wedding Cake is the perfect recipe! Topped with a decadent buttercream frosting, your guests will go bananas over the delicious flavors. Everyone will think you ordered this cake from a 5-star bakery, instead of making it in the comfort of your own kitchen.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 bananas)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
To Make Cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat granulated sugar, 1/2 stick butter, sour cream, and eggs until light and creamy. Beat in bananas and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; mix well. Pour evenly into cake pans.
3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
To Make Buttercream Frosting:
1. In a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat 1 stick butter until creamy. Slowly add in the confectioners' sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, milk, and 1/4 teaspoon salt, and beat until smooth.
2. Place one cake layer upside down on serving platter and with an off-set spatula, frost the top. Place second cake layer over first and frost top and sides with remaining frosting.
More Royal Recipes
- The sky is the limit when it comes to decorating this decadent Banana Wedding Cake! Try fresh flowers, (as long as they haven't been sprayed with anything), for classic accent, or if you want, whip up some extra frosting and decorate it with a pastry bag! Create your own elegant style for your special day.
- Try our Bubbly Wedding Punch as a great way to toast the bride and groom!
- We know this Banana Wedding Cake is going to be the centerpiece for your special day, but we also suggest the Chocolate Groom's Cake for the mister!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 608
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 17g 26 %
- Saturated Fat 10.0g 50 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 4.7g 9 %
- Cholesterol 75mg 25 %
- Sodium 374mg 16 %
- Total Carbohydrates 113g 38 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 5 %
- Sugars 92g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This summer, how about using those ruby red tomatoes to bake up something a little unusual but a whole lot tasty? We call it Summer's Best Tomato Pie and it's so fresh and creamy, you're gonna have a hard time stopping at one slice. With tomatoes being such a great summer food buy, you may want to bake one for a friend, too!