Holiday Upside-Down Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 cakes
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 slice
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Our Holiday Upside-Down Cake is everything you've been looking for when it comes to Christmas Dessert. What's not to love about a sweet cake recipe that celebrates your favorite seasonal fruits in a classic way? With the perfect combination of apples and cranberries, our Holiday Upside-Down Cake is the perfect dessert recipe to get you in a joyful holiday mood!
What You'll Need
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the bottom of two 8-inch round cake pans and pour butter evenly over sugar.
- In each pan, arrange apple slices in a single layer over sugar and arrange cranberries evenly around apple slices.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, eggs, cinnamon, and cloves; beat until well combined.
- Evenly divide batter between the two pans and bake 30 to 33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of each comes out clean. Let cakes cool 5 minutes.
- Loosen gently with knife and invert onto 2 platters. Serve warm, or allow to cool completely before serving.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Now here's a holiday stuffing recipe that'll surely "shape up" your spread and get you lots of "oohs" and "aahs." Our Bundt Pan Stuffing is fancy looking and downright delicious. It's a homemade stuffing that'll be talked about all year long!