Holiday Upside-Down Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 cakes
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 slice
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Our Holiday Upside-Down Cake is everything you've been looking for when it comes to Christmas Dessert. What's not to love about a sweet cake recipe that celebrates your favorite seasonal fruits in a classic way? With the perfect combination of apples and cranberries, our Holiday Upside-Down Cake is the perfect dessert recipe to get you in a joyful holiday mood!
What You'll Need
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the bottom of two 8-inch round cake pans and pour butter evenly over sugar.
- In each pan, arrange apple slices in a single layer over sugar and arrange cranberries evenly around apple slices.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, eggs, cinnamon, and cloves; beat until well combined.
- Evenly divide batter between the two pans and bake 30 to 33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of each comes out clean. Let cakes cool 5 minutes.
- Loosen gently with knife and invert onto 2 platters. Serve warm, or allow to cool completely before serving.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!