Ice Cream Party Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In our kitchen it’s not a party unless there is cake and ice cream, which is why we created the ultimate Ice Cream Party Cake. And since this decadent creation has practically everything except the kitchen sink, you can be guaranteed that everyone will be happy. So grab a fork (and a spoon) and dig in.
What You'll Need
- 1 (15-1/4-ounce) box chocolate cake mix, prepared and baked according to package directions for two 9-inch cake pans
- 4 cups cherry chip ice cream, softened
- 6 to 7 assorted novelty ice cream bars, cut into 2-inch pieces (see Tip)
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- Caramel sauce for drizzling
- Hot fudge sauce for drizzling
What to Do
- Remove cakes to a wire rack to cool, then remove from cake pans. Clean cake pans then line with plastic wrap. Place cooled cakes back into cake pans. Evenly spread cherry chip ice cream over 1 cake. Gently press half the ice cream novelty pieces into cherry chip ice cream. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze. Spread vanilla ice cream over second cake; cover and freeze until ice cream is solid.
- Remove cherry chip ice cream cake to a platter, discarding plastic wrap. Place vanilla ice cream cake layer on top. Arrange remaining novelty ice cream pieces on vanilla ice cream, as shown. Drizzle with caramel and hot fudge sauces. Serve immediately or freeze until ready to serve.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- For novelty ice cream, we tested with Snickers® and Twix® ice cream bars, and M & M’s® ice cream cookie sandwiches. And when it comes to the flavor of the ice cream, feel free to use your favorites.
- Want more frozen favorites? Try our Heavenly Freezer Cake, or The Best Ice Cream Cake Ever!
- Plus, this Monstrous Milkshake Madness is something you don't want to miss.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream recipe, that's perfect to cool you off during the warmer summer months, then you've come to the right place. Not only is this strawberry ice cream recipe fresh as can be, but with only four simple ingredients, is easy as can be too! Using ripe and juicy strawberries, you'll bring it together with some condensed milk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. It doesn't get much easier--or summertime sweeter--than that!