"Luck of the Irish" Cake
This pistachio pudding cake recipe is simply magical!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Need a St. Paddy's Day dessert recipe worth its weight in gold? Well we've got you covered with a moist cake, topped with a smooth frosting that we've spiked with Irish cream! Plus, the nuts top it off with just enough crunch to make it St.Paddy's Day perfect. Be careful though! Our "Luck of the Irish" Cake will have all the leprechauns trying to steal a slice. But...we could think of worse things, so this easy dessert recipe is totally worth it!
What You'll Need
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package white cake mix
- 2 (4-serving-size) packages instant pistachio pudding and pie filling
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- Irish Cream Frosting
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Irish cream liqueur (optional)
- 1 (4-serving-size) package instant pistachio pudding and pie filling
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachio nuts (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cake mix, 2 packages pudding mix, 1/2 cup milk, the oil, and water until smooth. Beat in eggs until well combined then pour into baking dish.
- Bake 35 to 38 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- To make the frosting, in a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat heavy cream, 1/4 cup milk, the liqueur, if desired, and 1 package pudding mix, until thickened. Frost cake then garnish with chopped pistachio nuts, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Test Kitchen Tip!
- Add a drop of green food color to the frosting to liven up your Erin Go Bragh!!!
- For more St. Paddy's Day desserts check out our Cranberry Irish Soda Bread, this yummy Shamrock Shortbread, and this Minty Green Mousse!
- Plus, for our most classic St. Paddy's Day dinner, check out our recipes for Bubble and Squeak, our Classic Corned Beef and Cabbage, or our Dressed Up Irish Stew.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Looking for some yummy veggie side dishes? Download our eCookbook today!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Calories 386
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20g 31 %
- Saturated Fat 5.7g 28 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.9g 8 %
- Cholesterol 66mg 22 %
- Sodium 508mg 21 %
- Total Carbohydrates 44g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 32g 0 %