Pumpkin Spice Latte Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who doesn't love pumpkin spice recipes? This fall, you can make our delicious Pumpkin Spice Latte Cake to capture that beloved PSL taste at home! This easy dessert recipe covers moist pumpkin cake with silky coffee buttercream frosting, and tops it with your favorite brew-shop latte toppings. Paired with a steaming cup of coffee, this pumpkin dessert is going to be the highlight of your autumn season.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- COFFEE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- 3/4 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 4 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate ice cream topping for drizzle
- Ground cinnamon for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 8-inch cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together granulated sugar, brown sugar, melted butter, oil, pumpkin, and eggs. Add dry ingredients to sugar mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter evenly into baking pans. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely. Slice each cake in half horizontally to make 4 layers.
- To make Coffee Buttercream Frosting, in a small bowl, dissolve espresso in water; set aside. In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter and confectioners’ sugar until fluffy. Add espresso mixture and beat until smooth.
- Place one cake layer on platter and spread a thin layer of frosting on top. Repeat with remaining layers, top and sides of cake, spreading the frosting thin enough to leave the layers exposed.
- To garnish cake, spread whipped topping on top of cake. Drizzle with chocolate topping and run a knife through chocolate to create a swirl effect (see photo). Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
Check This Out!
- Tis the season for pumpkin! For more pumpkin desserts, try our classic Creamy Pumpkin Pie, our Perfect Pumpkin Cobbler, or our Pumpkin Patch Squares.
- Looking for an actual latte? You're going to love our Almond Cafe Latte, and our Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate!
- Plus, these Easy Apple Recipes are perfect for fall!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.