Sweet Potato Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded, peeled sweet potatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts plus 2 tablespoons for garnish
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla until well blended. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Gradually beat dry ingredients into egg mixture. Stir in sweet potatoes and 1 cup walnuts. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- To make the Cream Cheese Frosting, in a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until creamy. Slowly beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Spread over cake and sprinkle with remaining walnuts. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Test Kitchen Tips
- We love this Sweet Potato Cake! It's perfect for the Thanksgiving dessert table! For more desserts the family will love, try our Black Bottom Pecan Pie or this Caramel Pumpkin Poke Cake!
- There's plenty of ways to make sweet potatoes! We know you'll love our Caramelized Sweet Potato Crowns, these amazing Country Sweet Potato Muffins, and our Harvest Vegetable Bake!
- What do you think of this Thanksgiving dessert? Tell us in the comments below!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more dessert ideas download our free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Calories 459
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28g 43 %
- Saturated Fat 6.4g 32 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 5.2g 10 %
- Cholesterol 51mg 17 %
- Sodium 266mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 49g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.8g 7 %
- Sugars 34g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.