Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Chocolate Chip Salted Caramel Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We know you, and all of your friends, are going to love this recipe for Chocolate Chip Salted Caramel Bars, 'cause every bite of this cookie bar is full of chewy, chocolatey goodness. The sea salt just adds another sprinkle of great flavor to 'em!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 10 ounces caramel candy squares
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Sea salt for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat brown sugar, granulated sugar, and butter until combined. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix until smooth. Add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Press half the dough into prepared baking dish.
- In a large microwaveable bowl, combine caramels and heavy cream; microwave 1 to 2 minutes, or until caramels are melted, stirring occasionally. Pour caramel sauce over dough in baking dish and sprinkle with sea salt. Drop spoonfuls of remaining dough over caramel; spread dough with spatula. Sprinkle with additional sea salt.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes and clean. Let cool, then cut into bars.
Love this easy cookie recipe? Be sure to check out the rest of the holiday cookies we've featured in our 2014 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We love it when a recipe is so light and creamy it literally just melts in your mouth. This delicious peanut butter fudge recipe does just that! Seriously, they say everything in moderation, but this sweet treat isn't going to make it easy.