We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chocolate-Covered Spoons make a great party favor or holiday gift. They're easy to make and decorate just the way you want 'em!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- 20 plastic spoons
- Colored sugar crystals
What to Do
- In a small microwaveable bowl, melt chocolate chips and vegetable shortening 1 minute; stir. Continue to stir and microwave in 10 second intervals, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip plastic spoons in chocolate and place on wax paper-lined platter. Sprinkle with colored sugar crystals. Refrigerate until chocolate is set.
- You can decorate these with white chocolate drizzle instead of the colored sugar crystals. Just heat white chocolate bars or chips the same way you heat the chocolate.
- And for that holiday gift-giving, just wrap in cellophane and tie with a ribbon.
- Want a great holiday gift idea? Make a few of these Chocolate-Covered Spoons and gift them along with our Hot Cocoa Mix!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Ben's Chili Bowl has been a landmark restaurant in Washington D.C. since 1958. The restaurant first became famous for its homemade chili dogs. After getting tasting one, we knew we had to recreate this chili in our Test Kitchen. Our recipe for Ben's Chili Dog is the next best thing to the real version, and your family is going to devour it.