Dolly's Rum Balls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We got this spirited, holiday-favorite recipe from a dear lady named Dolly. Ever since then, we've been serving up Dolly's Rum Balls at all of our holiday parties. It's hard to resist these sugar-and-chocolate-coated rum balls!
What You'll Need:
- 1 package (12-ounce) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup walnuts, crushed
- 1/3 cup rum
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- granulated sugar for rolling
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine crushed wafers, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and crushed walnuts; mix well. Stir in the rum and corn syrup until thoroughly combined.
- Place granulated sugar in a shallow dish. Roll cookie mixture into 1-1/2-inch balls. Roll in sugar until completely coated.
- Serve, or store in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to serve.
- If you moisten your hands before rolling the balls, the rum ball dough will be easier to work with, and you'll have less sticking to you!
- Flavored rum adds a unique twist to traditional rum balls! We also like using colored sugar crystals to make them look more festive for the holidays!
- Looking for more holiday-favorite candy recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Christmas Candy Recipes: 24 Ideas for Homemade Christmas Gifts!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Tired of serving chicken breasts the same ol' way every time? If so, then you'll love this recipe for Cheesy Baked Chicken. These chicken breasts have a cracker crumb coating made from crushed cheese crackers and sesame seeds, so you can expect lots of crunch and flavor in every bite. Plus, this one is done in just about 30 minutes, which makes it great for busy weeknights!