Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Dolly's Rum Balls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We got this spirited, holiday-favorite recipe from a dear lady named Dolly. Ever since then, we've been serving up Dolly's Rum Balls at all of our holiday parties. It's hard to resist these sugar-and-chocolate-coated rum balls!
What You'll Need
- 1 package (12-ounce) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup walnuts, crushed
- 1/3 cup rum
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- granulated sugar for rolling
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine crushed wafers, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and crushed walnuts; mix well. Stir in the rum and corn syrup until thoroughly combined.
- Place granulated sugar in a shallow dish. Roll cookie mixture into 1-1/2-inch balls. Roll in sugar until completely coated.
- Serve, or store in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to serve.
- If you moisten your hands before rolling the balls, the rum ball dough will be easier to work with, and you'll have less sticking to you!
- Flavored rum adds a unique twist to traditional rum balls! We also like using colored sugar crystals to make them look more festive for the holidays!
- Looking for more holiday-favorite candy recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Christmas Candy Recipes: 24 Ideas for Homemade Christmas Gifts!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the heat of summer has us turning away from comfort foods, we like to turn to recipes like this Chilled Beefed-Up Summer Salad. And, since salad is only as good as the dressing that goes on it, you can bet we've paired this beefy summer salad with the perfect, homemade, creamy horseradish dressing to make this extra mm..mm..tasty!