Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Fluffy Whipped Chocolate Bar
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 15 Min
- CHILL TIME
- 35 Min
- COOK TIME
- 2 Min
If you're a fan of the popular chocolate candy bar that features a whipped nougat filling, then you're going to love our copycat version! We think our Fluffy Whipped Chocolate Bar is even better than the store-bought kind, 'cause it's made with yummy marshmallow creme. And since it's so easy, you can whip it up anytime you get a craving!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) chocolate baking bar, divided (see Note)
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Line a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with foil, extending over sides. Coat foil with cooking spray.
- In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, microwave half of chocolate for 60 seconds; stir. Continue to microwave in 10 second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, microwave marshmallow creme for 30 seconds, or until melted. Stir in vanilla and melted chocolate; mix well. Spread evenly into prepared loaf pan. Freeze 30 minutes or until mixture is firm.
- Lift candy from pan, and cut into 8 even bars. Line a 10- x 15-inch baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave remaining chocolate bar for 60 seconds; stir. Continue to microwave in 10 second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth. Place candy bar in chocolate, coating evenly on all sides. Using a fork, remove bar and shake off any excess chocolate; place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining bars. Refrigerate 5 minutes, or until chocolate is set. Remove from wax paper and enjoy. Store in airtight container.
The Test Kitchen used CANDIQUIK® candy coating, but chocolate melting wafers or discs will work just as well.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Feel-Good Smoothie Bowl features the perfect blend of fresh-from-the-freezer fruit, almond milk and honey. It's a healthier way to start your day, since each bowl is loaded with vitamins and nutrients. And if you top each bowl with a little granola and extra fruit, you'll be adding even more goodness to your morning meal!